• A successful department, consisting of three full time teachers. The department is part of the Faculty of English and MFL.
• In Key Stage 3 (Y7, Y8 and Y9) pupils are taught according to ability in three sets. In Key Stage 4 (Y10 and 11) pupils are also taught according to ability in three sets. All pupils take either GCSE English or GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature following the WJEC syllabus.
Aims and Objectives:
• The primary aim of this English Department is to teach individuals language and literature, using appropriately challenging learning resources and provide learning opportunities which will excite and inspire confidence, engage their interest and enthusiasm and encourage the development of effective communicative skills.
• To enable each individual learner to attain the highest level of competence in English Language and English Literature at the end of Key Stage 3 and 4.
• To contribute to the school’s work of providing a well-balanced education which will challenge and stimulate learners whilst enabling them to fulfil their potential and build self-esteem.