Professional Association (Union Representatives)
UWS can confirm that representatives from recognised professional associations (Unions) have access to time to fulfil their required duties.
These are set out in the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) code of practice on time off for trade union duties and activities.
Representatives are entitled to:
- statutory paid time off for union duties and training.
- approach non-members about joining.
- somewhere to display union materials.
- reasonable use of facilities, such as email, telephone and a photocopier.
- use of a room for meetings
If you have further enquiries about the arrangements for Professional Association representatives, please consult the Headteacher by the contact us page.