Upper Wharfedale School is a small rural secondary school based in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. It provides a nurturing environment for young people to thrive. It is a great place to work with a fantastic team approach where all staff and students know each other.
Upper Wharfedale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, including protecting children from radicalisation. All appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and all staff share this responsibility.
We do not currently have any vacancies.
Teacher of PE
0.6 FTE Temporary until 16.02.2024 in the first instance
(This academic year: Monday morning, Wednesday all day, Thursday morning and Friday all day)
Main/Upper Pay Scale (£28,000 – £43,685 pro-rata [0.6FTE], depending on experience)
Upper Wharfedale School honours any existing Main Pay Range/UPR payments.
Applications welcome from ECTs or more experienced colleagues.
Required for January/February 2023, an outstanding candidate with relevant experience or training to join our welcoming, happy and over-subscribed school in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
The successful candidate will have:
- Responsibility for teaching PE to the full age and ability range throughout the school, up to and including GCSE
- The ability to promote the effective teaching of Literacy and Numeracy across the school
- The proven ability to teach outstanding lessons in PE and therefore enable outstanding outcomes for students
- An enthusiasm for wider school developments, including Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Education and involvement in an extensive programme of extra-curricular activities
- High expectations of themselves, other staff and students
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills
- High ambitions for their own professional and career development
Apply on TES Website
Closing date: Monday 7th November 2022 at 12pm noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 8th November 2022
Interviews: Planned for Friday 11th November 2022
Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Grade C (£13,718.96 - £14,292.64)
27 hours per week - term time only - permanent
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Term Time Only, Permanent
27 hours per week
Salary: Grade C (£13,718.96 – £14,292.64)
Required as soon as possible: an outstanding candidate to join our popular, oversubscribed school in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
The successful candidates will be:
- Positive and optimistic with high expectations of themselves and students
- Passionate about learning
- Caring and patient
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Ambitious for their own professional development and learning
- Able to motivate and enthuse students
- A commitment to equal opportunities, with a particular interest in the development and progress of students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Enthusiastic about the wider development of our students (such as through extra-curricular provision and enrichment)
Completed application forms should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Mrs A Dalglish.
Closing date: 9/5/2023
£10.60 per hour
Minimum 15 hours per week - flexible hours available - permanent
Required as soon as possible
Provided by NYCC Property Services
Upper Wharfedale School works with Communihire who manage our facilities outside of school hours, allowing local groups to make use of our fantastic building and equipment. Please find below any vacancies they are currently offering.
Communihire is a third party organisation and therefore the vacancy below falls outside of our recruitment policy and procedures. However, full DBS clearance is mandatory for all people working within the school.
Communihire are the lettings manager for all facility hire at Upper Wharfedale School. We are on the lookout for x2 enthusiastic and reliable people to join our team.
We are looking for Lettings Site Staff to work onsite at the school on evenings and a Sunday (morning or afternoon shifts – occasional full day) This would be part time with some cover shifts when required.
School Administrator (Finance)
Term time only including training days plus two weeks, Permanent BAND D (£16,413.63 - £17,017.06) (SCP 4-6) 32 hours per week
We are looking for an outstanding candidate with relevant experience to join our popular, oversubscribed school in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
The successful candidate will be:
- Vibrant with high expectation of themselves and students
- Passionate about learning with a belief in nurturing all students to be the best they can be
- Calm, caring and patient
- An outstanding team player
- Able to provide an administrative support service to the Headteacher and wider school
- Excellent organisational skills are essential in order to handle the variety of tasks
- Ambitious for their own professional and career development
Further information about the school can be found on the school website: www.uws.n-yorks.sch.uk
An application form, job description and person specification can be downloaded from this site.
Completed application forms and supporting letters should be sent by email to: email@example.com marked for the attention of Mrs Dalglish.
Closing date: 12pm Friday 3rd February 2023.