Upper Wharfedale School is a small rural secondary school based in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. It provides a nurturing environment for young people to thrive. It is a great place to work with a fantastic team approach where all staff and students know each other.
Upper Wharfedale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, including protecting children from radicalisation. All appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and all staff share this responsibility.
We do not currently have any vacancies.
School Business & Administration Manager
Salary: Grade J £28,236.84 - £30,516.86
37 hours per week, term time only plus two weeks during school holidays
Required for June 2022, an outstanding candidate to join our popular, oversubscribed school in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
The successful candidate will have:
• Be vibrant with high expectations of themselves and students
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Be willing to take an active role in their own professional development
• Be able to exercise discretion and judgement
• Be able to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Be flexible and able to use initiative
Completed application forms should be sent by email to: email@example.com marked for the attention of Mr Taylor.
Closing date: 9am Monday 25 April 2022
Interviews: Tuesday 3 May 2022
47 hours per week cleaning required in total6-9am | 4-6pm | Monday to Friday £9.75 per hour
Upper Wharfedale School works with Communihire who manage our facilities outside of school hours, allowing local groups to make use of our fantastic building and equipment. Please find below any vacancies they are currently offering.
Communihire is a third party organisation and therefore the vacancy below falls outside of our recruitment policy and procedures. However, full DBS clearance is mandatory for all people working within the school.
Communihire are the lettings manager for all facility hire at Upper Wharfedale School. We are on the lookout for x2 enthusiastic and reliable people to join our team.
We are looking for Lettings Site Staff to work onsite at the school on evenings and a Sunday (morning or afternoon shifts – occasional full day) This would be part time with some cover shifts when required.
Subject Leader of Performing Arts (Music and Drama)
Full time - Permanent
Main Pay Scale: £25,714 - £36,961
depending on experience
Upper Wharfedale School honours any existing Main Scale/UPS payments
Applications welcome from NQTs or more experienced colleagues
Required for January 2022, an outstanding candidate with relevant experience or training to join our popular, oversubscribed school in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
The successful candidate will have:
• Responsibility for leading and teaching both Music and Drama to the full age and ability range in KS3, and Music/Performing Arts at KS4.
• The ability to promote the effective teaching of Literacy across the school
• The proven ability to teach outstanding lessons and, therefore enable outstanding outcomes for students
• A keen interest in developing extra-curricular activities, including productions, concerts and other performances
• An enthusiasm for wider school developments, including Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Education
• High expectations of themselves, other staff and students
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• High ambitions for their own professional and career development
Completed application forms should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Mrs Wade.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 4th October 2021
Interviews: Monday 11th October 2021
Hours - Pay Grade
- Job Spec Link
- Application Form Link