Upper Wharfedale School is a small rural secondary school based in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. It provides a nurturing environment for young people to thrive. It is a great place to work with a fantastic team approach where all staff and students know each other.
Upper Wharfedale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We do not currently have any vacancies.
0.8 FTE - £23,720 to £39,406 FTE (depending on experience)
Required for September 2019, an outstanding candidate with relevant experience or training to join our popular, oversubscribed school in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
The successful candidate will have:
- Responsibility for teaching English to the full age and ability range throughout the school.
- The ability to promote the effective teaching of Literacy across the school.
- The proven ability to teach outstanding lessons in English and therefore enable outstanding outcomes for students.
- The ability and enthusiasm to teach some Drama to KS3 students.
- An enthusiasm for wider school developments, including Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Education.
- High expectations of themselves, other staff and students.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- High ambitions for their own professional and career development.
Applications welcome from NQT’s or more experienced colleagues.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 29 April 2019
Interviews: Friday 3 May 2019
Hours - Pay Grade
- Job Spec Link
- Application Form Link